Monday, June 14, 2010

My Introduction


I am Joy Mayer, a high school teacher in Green Bay,WI at Notre Dame Academy. I have taught biology and chemistry classes for the past 12 years. I am taking Web Tools and Anatomy and Physiology this summer. These are my first on-line classes and first classes through Montana State University. I am considering the program to get my master's degree.

I have a website through my school web page and have used websites and PowerPoint presentations in my classes. My classes have done some website assignments using sites on DNA and mitosis. I am interested in adding new web tools to my lessons for next year.

I am new to blogging and Twitter. I have been using Facebook to keep up with friends.

My husband, two daughters (ages 2 and 5), and I enjoy camping and hiking. I like to cook, scrapbook, read, travel, and downhill ski. It is great to have summers off to spend with my girls and to travel.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Joy. I can't recommend the MSSE program enough. The online courses have been the best I've ever taken, and my on-campus experience (Dinosaur Paleontology of the Hell Creek Formation, or "Dino Camp") was truly incredible as well. Looking forward to learning along with you.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy-
    I live just a bit south of you in Appleton! Send me an e-mail if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete