Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 3: Images and Digital Storytelling

After reading the different descriptions of the various image or photo sharing websites, I decided to try Photobucket to create a very simple slideshow. I found pictures of the four phases of mitosis on the website Basic Biology Slides for Modesto Junior College. http://virtual.yosemite.cc.ca.us/randerson/Lynn's%20Bioslides/bioslide.htm

I created a Photobucket account and loaded the pictures into an album at Photobucket. I created the four picture slide show and added titles. I had comments on the bottom to describe the steps, but they didn't show up on the slideshow. I would have to play with the different options to try to get the comments to appear. I added a rounded corner border to make it look like you are seeing the slides under a microscope.


I can see using the slide show feature for students to make a project using pictures from a lab or explaining a process like I did with mitosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment