Friday, July 23, 2010

Final Project

My final project is a classroom blog created on Blogger. I will start with the students commenting on my posts first and then decide how I will have student create their own posts. There are two additional pages that contain information on tips on how to post comments and a page on website links.

I started by introducing the blog and how the students will be graded on comments. The first post includes a video about blogging from the “In Plain English” series to familiarize all students to blogging. The next video is a video I created on osmosis. The students should watch the video and then post any questions or comments.

The next part contains a VoiceThread using a peppermint candy demonstration. The demonstration shows the process of diffusion. In the past, I have done this demonstration using the overhead projector. I thought using VoiceThread would be an updated way to do this demonstration.

I modified the blog’s template background and colors and added my own picture. It is a waterfall picture from Belize taken when my husband and I traveled there two years ago. I show students pictures from Belize to help describe a rainforest environment.

Click the following link to see the new blog page for my biology classes.

Biology Class Blog

2 comments:

  1. It's beautful! Nice job on the layout! Love the idea of using Voicethread for a demo. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I liked how you introduced the idea of blogging with videos.

    ReplyDelete