Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week 3: PhotoPeach Slide Show

After trying a slide show on PhotoBucket, I wanted to compare it to another site that also made slide shows, PhotoPeach. PhotoBucket and PhotoPeach are similiar to use and created the same type of slide show. I had a little easier time with PhotoPeach since I didn't do any editing of the pictures and the captions were easier to do. I used most of my own pictures that either I or my husband took. The archaebacteria at Yellowstone National Park, butterfly, flower, and fungi were all our pictures. I did use CreativeCommons to get the bacteria and protist pictures.

I think either site would be good for students to use. PhotoBucket has a lot of extra graphics and borders you can add. I didn't find how to add music to the slide show for PhotoBucket, but I did add music to the PhotoPeach slide show. It was the last step in the process and I used one of the songs from their list.

Six Kingdoms of Life on PhotoPeach

5 comments:

  1. these are really beautiful photographs! you did a great job on the slideshow; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll try a photopeach with my yellowstone slides, I use them in a ppt during my micro class. I'm wondering if a photopeach could be embedded in a ppt. I've read your other posts and I do rely a lot on ppt, tho I try not to have too much text, I draw processes on the board, etc. But some embedded elements in the ppt. might be a helpful change of pace. I do link to podcasts and videos too. I'm also thinking that procedures in labs, etc. could be easily photographed and then made into a slideshow with captions/instructions. This could be saved for future use as a pre-lab exercise. Do you know if it's possible to add narration to them? You've done a lot of work and I appreciate seeing all the results, it's very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool video. I'm going to have to try this!Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not see a way to narrate the slide show on PhotoPeach or PhotoBucket, but there may be more options that I didn't see. It would be great to add these directly into a PowerPoint presentation. I will have to try that. If it didn't work, I have made a hyperlink in PowerPoint, so you just have to click the website address in your PowerPoint and it goes directly to the site. So, if you have the slideshow saved on PhotoPeach or on your blog it would be easy to see from the PowerPoint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the photopeach idea - I tried it out and was able to do a slideshow with some photos from a vacation and included music. I think the hyperlink idea would work well for Powerpoint, I use that A LOT and think that would be pretty easy to do.

    ReplyDelete