Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 5 Tool Exploration Part 1: Prezi

After looking throuh many different blog examples and student projects, I wanted to try Prezi. One of the student projects used a Prezi to show ideas about global warming. I liked how it zooms in and moves around. I watched one of the demo videos on creating the Prezi and learned how to create the Prezi , but also how to make it most effective and how not to the make the viewer dizzy. It is fun to use, but does take some playing around with the circle zebra tool. I would need to spend more time to create a more detailed path to zoom in on all of the details.

This Prezi shows the seven characteristics of a living thing which I present during the first week of school. It is definetly more interesting than a linear PowerPoint Presentation. Some of the pictures are my own (ones of my daughters), the other pictures I searched for on Creative Commons.

1 comment:

  1. Joy, this really is more interesting than the linear ppt. Thanks for sharing. I think students would not only enjoy learning from these, but I think they would have fun making these as an alternative to ppts for their presentations. I think students now, even in middle school, are getting burned out with making ppts. It seems as if most teachers in all content areas require them to make a ppt. It is great that I am learning many new ideas for me as well as my students to use for presentations.

    ReplyDelete