Monday, July 19, 2010

Week 6 Tool Exploration

I spent some time last week looking through the Top 20 list. I tried a few of them last week and will continue to work through some of them this week. I set up a wall on Wallwisher and have included the link. It is nice that the creator can approve the comments before everyone can view them. I'm not sure if I would use this in class, if I was already having students comment on a blog site, but it is a simple and fun site.
http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/jmayer

I made a short movie using xtranormal. It is a fun tool to play with and would give an interesting look to a short presentation. I can see students enjoying making a project with this tool.






This week I also created a "In Plain English" video on osmosis and how cells deal with osmosis. I plan on adding it to my classroom blog for my final project. I have also included it here. I recorded it with our camcorder and a tripod. Next time, I would try to make the print in focus a bit more and zoomed in. I wanted to show everything in one frame, so it ended up to be a little smaller than I originally wanted.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, will you have students try to make the "Plain English" videos too? You can tell it takes a lot of planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you spent a lot of time putting these together. it's fun stuff, right?!! the kids will love it too...

    ReplyDelete